One of the most important and comforting pieces of bedding in your bedroom must be your pillow!! Soft, fluffy, luxurious – your best friend to hug whenever you’re sad. But have you taken time to think about how healthy your pillow is – what’s actually inside your pillow?
Well let’s take a look at what could be inside.
- Feathers and feather down are a natural filling that conform to your head and neck, providing excellent support. The more the filling, the greater the durability of the pillow.
- A synthetic fill is usually polyester, making an inexpensive pillow with a short lifespan. This type does not support your head and neck as well as others, but it is usually very affordable.
- Pillows filled with synthetic poly clusters (coated with silicon) offer good head and neck support.
- Solid pieces or chunks of foam are also used as pillow fillers, but these pillows are mostly decorative.
- Memory foam pillows are extra dense and extra firm. They are sponge-like and provide the best head and neck support.
So now, how sure are you that your pillow is good for you? Still your best friend?
Make sure to contact a specialist to find out which type of pillow is specific for your needs.