Knowing what to look for when buying a new mattress can be very daunting and overwhelming. The worst part is that there is no scientific way to predict whether a certain mattress will be right for you or not. But what I can do is provide you with some useful tips that might help you make a better decision as to on what you will be spending a third of your day on:
1. You have already taken the first step if you are reading this… Research. Remember that you will be spending a lot of money on your new mattress so take your time to do the research in choosing the perfect mattress for you. You can click here to look at the wide variety that is available to you.
2. If you have a health condition I suggest that you talk to your doctor.
3. Support: You want firm support with a comfortable feel. You get 4 common types of mattress cores: innerspring, foam, latex and air-filled.
- Innerspring mattresses have that bouncy feel.
- Memory foam mattresses are very soft with no bounce.
- Latex mattresses are also a foam mattress, but much firmer.
- Air-filled mattresses lets you control how much air is inside for different firm or soft feels.
4. Weight: Your weight plays an important part in mattress choices. If you are very light-weight, you will probably not be able to compress the foam (if choosing a pillow top), however if you are a heavier person, it might feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between you and the coils.
5. Your sleeping position plays a very important part. Let’s look at a few sleeping positions and which mattress would be best suited:
6. Mattresses are investments – protect them by getting a waterproof mattress protector.
7. Test drive – go to your nearest store and take your shortlist of mattresses and go and lie down on them for at least 10 minutes at a time. By just sitting on them will not help you make the best decision… unless you will only be sitting on your bed…
8. And the last tip I am providing you with today, is probably the most important: SHOP AT STORES THAT SPECIALIZES IN MATTRESSES!
All these mattresses are available at The Mattress Warehouse! Call us today on 0861 007 000 or visit our stores to order your well-deserved new mattress today! We also sell pillows, bedding and bedroom furniture.